Turks and Caicos Islands national cricket team
|ICC status||Affiliate member (2002)|
|23 March 2004 v The Bahamas at Panama|
|As of 7 October 2012|
The Turks and Caicos Islands cricket team is the team that represents the British overseas territory of the Turks and Caicos Islands in international cricket matches.
Cricket is the national sport of the Turks and Caicos Islands. They became an affiliate member of the International Cricket Council in 2002. Their international debut following their membership came in the Americas Affiliates Championship in 2004 when they played the Bahamas. They finished the tournament in fourth place, with their only win coming against Suriname. They played in Division Three of the ICC Americas Championship in 2006, finishing as runners up to Suriname, just missing out on promotion to Division Two. They were invited to take part in the 2008 Standford 20/20, playing one match in a preliminary round against Montserrat. The match, which held official Twenty20 status, resulted in a Montserrat victory by 9 wickets, resulting in their elimination from the tournament. Donovan Matthews top-scored for the team with 25, while no other batsman reached double figures. Henry Saunders took the only wicket to fall in Montserrat's innings. Shortly after, they took part in the 2008 ICC Americas Championship Division Three, which they won to gain promotion to Division Two. In 2010, they took part in the ICC Americas Championship Division Two, finishing fourth but retaining their status in Division Two. This was the team's last appearance to date in international cricket.
- See Category:Turks and Caicos Islands cricketers
- 1 2 "ICC Members: Turks and Caicos Islands". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- 1 2 3 4 "Other Matches played by Turks and Caicos Islands". CricketArchive. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- ↑ "Twenty20 Matches played by Turks and Caicos Islands". CricketArchive. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- ↑ "Montserrat v Turks and Caicos Islands, 2008 Stanford 20/20". CricketArchive. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Turks and Caicos Islands official website
- Turks and Caicos Islands member profile at the International Cricket Council
- Turks and Caicos Islands at CricketArchive